Translate

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Proof That You Can't Fix Stupid

The silver Lexus in front of me drifted to the right. The driver snapped it back to center. This repeated a couple of times. I doubled my following distance.

A stoplight halted us but, when the light turned green, the car did not move out immediately. A polite beep beep on my horn got the driver going. I moved to the right lane and gradually overtook the car.

Looking over as I passed, I saw the driver’s head down with a phone in one hand. Remembering her previous drift to the right, I accelerated ahead. Needing to make a left turn ahead, I moved back to the left lane.

Down the road I noticed the silver Lexus in my rear-view mirror while waiting for another red light. The driver’s head was tipped down as if her attention was on a phone again. On green, I pulled away from the stoplight and put distance between the Lexus and me.

I chuckled at the sight in my rear-view mirror. The Lexus had suffered damage across the entire front end. It looked as if the car had rear-ended another car. I had seen proof that you can’t fix stupid.


No comments:

Post a Comment